Monday, July 14, 2014

A Little Bit About Me....

Hi everyone,

A few weeks back, my friend and super creative person, DeeDee Catron asked me to be in a blog hop of sorts. The idea is to get to know me a little better (from the creative end of things) and for me to send you over to the blogs of a few other people who I find totally inspirational/creative! Thanks DeeDee for asking, I'm honored.....

          

Questions:
1. What am I working on?

I'm currently on the design teams of UmWowStudio and The Crafter's Workshop so I'm working on projects for both those teams. Most often I make layouts but in my head I've been planning a canvas (and I do consider the thinking part "working on" a project too!).

          

2. How does my work differ from others of it's genre?

Hmmmmm, that's a tough one....maybe it differs because I designed it in my own head :) I don't think I have a specific style..what seems to be my constant is a) I make mixed media pages, b) colors are a huge part of my design, and c) I like to convey movement across the page.

          

3. Why do I write/create what I do?

Ok, I can pretend for a moment that it's all about memory keeping but if I'm being honest with myself, it's mostly about needing to create and be creative! I need to play with paints and papers and mediums and make something or I start to get a little stir crazy! It makes me happy so I must. The fact that my children/family get to be the subject of the photos is a wonderful, added benefit. :)

          

4. How does your writing/creating process work?

I find inspiration from a variety of places...seeing a color combo, a photo, wanting to try out a new technique, a sketch. Then I start planning the page in my head...I am not a fast scrapper, I wish I were but I'm not. I literally close my eyes and visualize color and movement across my page. Then I fill in the gaps... I think about the different mediums I want to work with, the embellishments. After "mentally" working the page out I get started...ironically, much of the time my pages don't turn out the way I envisioned them! But that's my process...I start in my head first.

OK, now to introduce you to some people I think are pretty darn talented!

Linda Brun : Hi, I live in Norway with my always supportive husband, one grown up son and our little puppy. I discovered paper crafting in 2009 and have never looked back since. I love to think I am creative 24/7 but it is pretty close. I’m always on the look for new techniques and I’m doing any kind of projects.I tend to use mixed media techniques but can also do clean and simple. After working full time with computers and numbers for many years I went back to school in 2011 and got my Graphic Design exam. I now work 50% for a local but well known manufacture in Norway http://www.kortoggodt.com and their shop http://www.cameliashus.no, the rest of my time I spend in my studio working on lots of different things like: mixed media craft projects, teaching classes, Graphic design projects, silk prints, collages, mixed media art, sewing and the list goes on. I love to travel, meeting people and take classes. I’m fortunate enough to be on some fantastic design teams and have been with several earlier, all this info is in my blog if interested. www.lindabrun.com

Jelissa Mei : My name is Jelissa and I come from sunny Singapore. I picked up scrapbooking when my eldest son was born. My style is a mixture of mixed media and shabby chic. 12x12 layouts are usually what I make, but recently I've tried altering everyday objects from home and is currently addicted to canvas. I love splashing colours around and creating fun textures on my backgrounds. And yes, I'm one of those who stages photos to match my papers/paints!

Thanks for stopping by to get to know me better. And if you have any more questions, ask away! These ladies will be posting their interviews next week, Monday so don't forget to stop by and get to know them!



6 comments:

  1. Oh, yes....I can just see you seeing stuff in your head! That is such a neat way to describe the creative process.....except with me it never WORKS the way it does in my head....that's if I can remember it, cos I usually think about it in the middle of the night & it's 1/2 gone by morning, LOL......& I reckon you're right - you create movement beautifully...these LOs are great eg's:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love reading more about you! I am like you where I scrapbook more for my need of a creative outlet, and telling the story is an added bonus ;) I love all your color and movement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! Love your work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that what you create in your head gets translated on your art piece. I think that all your layouts would work well on canvas...don't hide them in albums!

    I love that you take a trend and make it totally yours. That is a true artist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um...where did my comment go? If I post twice - sorry.
    But it was so great to read about your process and I can relate to the urge to create! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to read a little more about you Miae! I think your work is really upbeat and fresh.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and visits are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...