Saturday, November 17, 2012

Scrappy and Not So Scrappy Stuff!

Hello everyone!

I'm going to spend a good part of this weekend prepping for Thanksgiving festivities because I've got my Aussie in-laws flying in Thanksgiving day! So before time totally gets away from me I wanted to share with you two projects I'd been working on...

First up is my page for CSI case no. 46..





Look at that beautiful room! I love the colors purple and green in and of themselves but I don't often make pages with those colors together. And that's why I love working with challenges! They encourage you to try new or rarely done things, don't you think?

For my evidence I incorporated frames, animal accents, pom-pom trim, painting, textured element, and translucent element. As for my testimony I created a translucent "pocket" (the window) to hold my journaling tag.

I've always loved this quote and on the tag I write a letter of encouragement
to my oldest daughter to do just that.
I shaped the window outline with floral wire and used vellum as the "glass" to create my transparent pocket.

I had some fun making a collage element to this photo. The fairy hat is foil tape
stamped and decorated with glitter.

I'm not huge into fussy cutting but I'm glad I worked on these frames, I really liking
the effect...

My second project is very un-scrappy. A first for me...jewelry! I made it with the November Gauche Alchemy Dia de los Muertos kit  Talk about inspiration! Their kits are so cool because they include such unique, not-usually-found-in-scrap-kit type items! These were pretty easy to make and I've got a quick tutorial right here.

Aren't those stone skull beads fun!

Well hello there friend! :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!






7 comments:

  1. Hi Miae, I really love both of your projects. The layout is so fun and beautiful and the earings are awesome too. Have a wonderful holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful and artsy page Miae. I love all the frames and the pciture made this layout very special! I LOVE it!
    hugs.
    And I still think those earrings are cool!!
    Good luck with all the festivities preppings ;-) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome page and those earrings are really cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Miae... your layout is just friggin stunning. and the earrings are so super cool, I always love ANYTHING with a VLVS! image ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout is stunning! I love everything about it! The paint, the frames, the way you used the swirls… It’s an enchanting page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh your layout is sooooo dreamy! Love the translucent pocket and the lovely layering! ;)

    And how cool are those earrings!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pages are always one of a kind, Miae! I always love seeing what new and innovative elements you come up with....this layout is ADORABLE! Love the cut out fairy photo...the translucent pocket is so sweet and those layered frames look awesome! And of course your talents extend to jewellery making! egads, woman! those are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and visits are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...